Friday, September 6, 2013

Bag Authentication

Due to some slight technical difficulties I had to delay my most recent post. My online school, kids, and life in general has me exhausted. BUT, I am back and now we can talk about my most recent purchase.

My most recent purchase was a used Louis Vuitton Alma Gm in the amarante color. The bag online is quite lovely, but I did not realize how BAD the quality of LV bags has gotten! There was a time when they used genuine brass, the stitching, the overall quality was much better. You could spend $2700 and know your were getting a quality product. 

Now let me also say, this was an Ebay purchase so I suppose you truly can't attest to how any person cares for their bags. I would expect a bag purchased in 2011 would be in pretty decent shape in 2013.  That was not the case. Here are my gripes with the Ebay seller and the Alma itself:

-Seller sent the bag with a gummy substance on the base and near the handle.Ok, the yuck factor of that alone is enough to make a grown man cringe so needless to say  I was not pleased, but I cannot blame LV for that.

-How the hell do you send the bag with the wrong size dust bag? Yea I seem nit picky, but if you say "comes with dust bag" you should make it clear if it Comes with "original" dust bag. For handbag buyers it makes a difference.

Heres where I start blaming LV.....

-Gold plated hardware......really how dare you? How cheap!

-The straps of the bag were beginning to fray Had the bag not been authenticated I would have been sure it was a fake. I despise handbags With strap issues. Had it not been for Carol, the authenticator, I'd almost be positive it was a  Fraud.

Overall the bag was in ok condition, but the seller drug it through the mud, (probably literally), and should have said that. Missing stitching, the wrong dust bag....that heifer tried my life.

With all that being said I still got a bag that usually sells pre owned from anywhere between $1550-$2200 so for $1350 so I still made out like a bandit, but it came at a cost.
 
                                  

Here's a pic of my new baby. Hope you enjoyed!

(.)(.)

No comments:

Post a Comment