Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Fighting

Do you ever just get tired of fighting with people? I feel that I have so many great relationships in my life then just a few that are so-so to say the least. What is weird about it is that I feel like most of my bad relationship are with the opposite sex. I don't get how two people who seemingly care for one another can fight so bitterly. 

I cannot keep a decent relationship with any type of male outside my father for more than a month. As I get older more and more I am beginning to believe it is me. I simply have no tolerance for what I perceive as weakness in males. I was raised by a strong father. He showed very little emotion and even when he was "happy" for us it was always tag lined with a "you could have done x,y,z better".

From him I learned to protect my heart with poison laced arrows and a Teflon vest. There is no man that can ever get into my heart or head as much as he thinks he can. But I digress this is not open mic.  I just finished my last day of a very rigorous summer and decided I'm done fighting with myself and other people.

You think you can tell some people everything, but in actuality you can't tell anyone most things. People that you think have your back do not. In this world you are your only protector. I figured that out these past few years. Going through what I been through would make anyone live a little different, love a little harder (yourself of course). Anyways, I'm cheers myself to letting a little more roll off my back and not letting those that wish me ill make me ill.

(.)(.)

No comments:

Post a Comment